Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dethroned

She's still playing basketball. Every recess. Every day. Not only that, but last week she announced she'd "bumped" Ben P. -- none other than the third grade king of Bump. Yesterday, she whooped two other boys, winning two games out of three. I asked how they took it and she said the only comment one boy made was, Gee... your game has really improved.

I wanted to shimmy and shout, You've come a long way baby!

Instead, I played it cool. (It's what she wants from me these days.) I smiled. We high fived. And I left it at that.
I've been horribly neglectful of this blog due to end of school year pressures combined with the time involved wrapping up a certificate program I started in January. But I'm eager to return here -- hopefully next week -- to share more about our everyday lives as well as stories from the early days, how I started out, bumping along on my own humbling, up and down journey as a single adoptive parent.

In the meantime, many thanks and blessings to all those loyal followers who continue to check back in to see where we are and what we are up to. I hope to see you all soon.

1 comment:

Sarah Graves said...

Ah, the sweet smell of success. It's amazing how our kids grow and learn and gain confidence with every successful endeavor. Congrats on the dethroning!!!
~Sarah